The Fourth Generation
Bodyguard (Vanessa Signet)
"My alliances can not be bought." An Escaped Bull who was created to protect whoever would pay.
Bodyguard is a built, albeit smaller, metal plated hero with short black hair. Her costume is made for mobility, and designed simply. A black, sleeveless crop top and matching black pants keep her looking uniform and contained, seems to match the uniform of the BodyGuard Program. The only major variant being the symbol of a shield near her right shoulder. A closer look at the shield will show that it was sewn on by hand, and not professionally. But at least it stays.
-There When It Matters
-In a China Shop
-Physics? What Physics?
Guilty: -2 Provoke or Assess
Hopeless: -2 Unleash Your Powers
Vanessa Signet is a seventeen-year-old, indigenous teenager, and as far as appearances go she considers herself very plain. She keeps to simple casual clothes, usually wearing whatever clean jeans are laying around and some sort of printed tee. She has black hair, styled in a short bob cut, and dark brown eyes. The only thing she seems to really worry about are her hands. Rough, cracked, and calloused, she is often seen wearing gloves or keeping them in her jean pockets. Vanessa seems to also have a reputation for being a mama’s girl.
Bodyguard-84 was sold to the BodyGuard Program by her birth parents as a baby to clear their debt and records, giving them the means to start over in life. At the cost of their daughter having anything but a normal life. Raised from a child in the facility, they performed genetic experiments to enhance and change their products to suit the needs of clients with wealth, power, and reputation. Extensive physical training, and regular “medical” checkups built Bodyguard-84 to be a powerful weapon of destruction and defense to whoever had the means and funds to hire her services. Growing up under the thumb of her “guardians” caused a lot of emotional discourse and mental defiance from their usual soldier training. This created distrust in their defective “product” resulting in limited free-time to spar, and restraints when undergoing medical and physical procedures.
Bodyguard-84 knew very few others while growing up, one being her main sparring partner Bodyguard-12 (aka: Brent). Taller, stronger, and meaner than her, she was often humiliated and defeated during regular sparring matches. With the only true exception being her last fight with Bodyguard-12, when she turned the tables on the larger brute. With an incredible punch to the face, that was her only true victory against him. This was also the first time that any bodyguard created had bled from battle. This left the two, with already entangled disdain, rooted into a deeper hatred.
The other contact she had while under the watch of the facility, was the lead of medical and genetic research department; Dr. Agatha Borne. Bodyguard-84 has always wondered why Dr. Agatha Borne had taken an interest in her growing up, but every time she tried to ask, she retorted with silence or ignored the question. But if it wasn’t for her sabotage of Bodyguard-84’s restraints during a physical examination, she would have never escaped the BodyGuard Program.
After escaping, Bodyguard-84 was giving a new name, and the idea that she was not a slave or a product, but a person. A girl who was robbed of her life with the world, and now encouraged to explore and live the human experience. Although happy to escape the confines of the facility, she fought with the idea of exposing herself to the world. What if people were just a cruel as the people in the BodyGuard Program? Why should she care about strangers who did nothing for her? Or worse, were willing to ignore her suffering for the opportunity to use her? But with heavy conviction, an idea was struck heavily into her heart from the person she trusted the most.
“…The real world isn’t perfect, it’s full of flaws, hate, and cruel intentions. But it’s also filled with everything that makes living worthwhile. Love, compassion, empathy-Everything that makes good people stand up to world and change it for good! If you ignore the world, the world will come crashing down on you. Even with all of your strength, it will not be enough alone to stop the world from crushing you. You can only lift the world up with the help from those who are like you. Passionate.”
Vanessa Signet, and her adopted mother Doctor Betty Signet, moved to Haylcon City from their original home in Alaska. Doctor Betty Signet had received a job opportunity in Haylcon that forced her to relocate. Vanessa, having been home schooled by private tutors her whole life, enrolled to Haylcon High School after their move. Her mother decided it would be a good experience for her to socialize with her peers and to make some real friends.
- Dr. Betty Signet: Adopted Mother/Guardian, Previous Medical and Genetics Director for BodyGuard.
Vanessa is currently unsure to some degree on who her mother is, and if she can fully trust her. She plans on having a one on one moment with her, in hopes that Betty can trust her with why she is doing this. And maybe, why she decided to keep Vanessa around.
- Cathy – Bodyguard 102: Current smuggled 12-year-old from the Bodyguard Program. Vanessa recognizes her from her time at the Program, usually only passing each other through the facility to get to different parts of the
Vanessa isn’t sure how to respond or act around Cathy, but she does feel a sadness towards her. Vanessa knows what the program is like, having been there her whole life. Cathy has as well to Vanessa’s knowledge. She hopes that Cathy is able to open up to her and to trust her when she needs help with anything. Vanessa, deep down, hopes she can be like an older sister to her. But she also thinks that Cathy isn’t going to stay for long in their home, since her mom Betty mentioned looking for a more permanent solution to Cathy’s place in normal society.
- Bodyguard 12: Hated Enemy, Old Sparring Partner.
Vanessa hates this asshole, he constantly keeps coming back into her life and picking fights with everyone she knows and cares about, including herself. She also keeps getting upset that since he’s been back, she still can’t beat him in a simple one on one battle. She is worried though. Why hasn’t he reported to the Program about her whereabouts? What does he have to gain by keeping her location a secret?
- Ogre: Previous Sparring Partner, Odd Kinship in Bodyguards perspective.
No Special Notes
- Kelsi Wong: Only real normal friend, trusted with her past, Vanessa is crushing but she’s not sure how to approach or handle it. Or, to some degree, what that really means.
Vanessa is currently distraught about how she approached Kelsi to help with what could have been a dangerous situation. Her own words however have also been at the back of her mind.
“I will always protect you. That’s what I was made to do.”
Even though the sentiment is there, is that all Vanessa is in the end? Just another bodyguard who just happens to work alone?
She also still has the expensive bracelet that Kelsi stole for her, but she refuses to wear it. She prefers to wear the small smiley face earrings instead, and even wears them as Bodyguard.
- Outsider/Pete Friendly: Interesting person, smart, but Bodyguard doesn’t know if she can really open up to him. Trusts him in a fight, and when they need a smart fella, but that’s as far as she goes on a personal level.
- Ugat: Rival – Viewed as a strength that Vanessa could try to conquer. Trusted leader.
- Reflect: Love – Shared her past with him. Trusts him with secrets. Thinks bad boys are cool, and wants that look. Is not very good at at being a “Bad Girl” in her own perspective.
- Calavera: A growing friendship, or kinship at least, between the two. Out of all the heroes, besides maybe Reflect, Calavera is the closest thing Vanessa has had to an actual peer who understands what she went through. She feels a mixed sense of trust, shame, and fear from their fights together. Trust, is found from their heart to heart as well as her telekinetic shield ability that prevented her from full on Murder before. Shame, because she needed to be prevented from full on Murder before. And lastly, fear, because with an easy kiss (or in this case wad of spit to the face), Calavera can easily dismantle Bodyguard’s powers.
- L’Esprit: Mysterious, and unsure how to act around her. Also isn’t sure how they’d fair in a fight with Bodyguard. Understands that she’s very capable, but is also wondering where she stands in this whole mess.
- Officer: Trusts him a little more, and also feels a bit guilty. She picks on him a little for being from an entirely different time, and likes to think it’s playful. Is a little concerned that it’s not viewed that way. Knows that he’s a good guy, even if his more conservative upbringing is a little strange (but not abnormal). Trusts him more since he tried to help her get free from her stupid mistakes without a second thought. His speed is a little…unsettling, but she’s getting used to it. He still has the strangest fashion sense. And this is coming from the girl who was caged in a Military base for her entire life.
- Atomic: Previous Rival – Does not trust Atomic at all anymore at this point. Vanessa has previously been cautious of his sense of morality and the massive weight of his power when he was a part of the team. This has been pushed to the complete extreme with the event of taking her powers away, and leaving her completely vulnerable to an emotionally and mentally unstable Atomic. She sees him as an absolute danger to himself and everyone around him. Somewhere deep down, she still sees him as a friend, but is also afraid that in some ways the two of them are alike.
Bodyguard Program General Information
Ugat (Micheal Pena), Pete Friendly, L’Esprit (Vespertilio Lahcen), and Officer (Joey Carron) all know about the general information on Vanessa and the Bodyguard Program. Such as the following.
- The Bodyguard Program is an organization that creates Bodyguards to be rented or sold to rich clients as an alternative to normal personal protection, mercenaries, soldiers, and status symbols of power. They are also popular products for countries that are undergoing civil wars or revolutions; usually on the side of the government to crush the opposing revolutionists.
- Vanessa Signet used to be a part of the Bodyguard Program as Bodyguard-84, and has since then escaped from the confines of the organization. She is also currently in hiding from the company, and often undergoes rigorous training from her Mother Dr. Betty Signet.
- Dr. Betty Signet is her mother, and used to be a part of the Bodyguard Program as well. They know she is scientifically intelligent with specialties towards biological studies.
- Bodyguard-12 is an older model of the Bodyguard Program, and used to be Vanessa’s sparring partner in the Program. They also know that Vanessa is not confident in winning a fight against him, as seen from her running away with Cygnus in a previous encounter. [Special note in Kelsi Wong’s Character Secret file]
- Bodyguards are metal powered beings that can manipulate their body to form weapons and other appendages, while remaining strong and formidable. They are considered weapons of war.
- Vanessa’s Bodyguard uniform is the same as those worn in the Bodyguard Program. With the exception being that a number would be printed on the uniform for each specific Bodyguard, instead of Vanessa’s signature shield patch.
Calavera (Sarah Mendez), Reflect (Robbie Rust), and Kelsi Wong each know deeper secrets about Vanessa’s past with the Bodyguard program, albeit different levels of trust. These will be noted as Player specific secrets below.
Dr. Betty Signet – Was received by somehow convinced her Mom that she at least needed to leave a notice for school if she was going to randomly skip. Betty proceeded to tell her that whether she was coming or not, training was going to happen again sooner or later.
Calavera – Sarah Mendez – Was received out of a mutual understanding and trust for each other as team mates and possibly friends. Also has influence over Vanessa.
Kelsi Wong – Was received after attempting to convince her to help Vanessa with a drug sting operation. She refused to cooperate, and left the scene offended and angry at Vanessa.
Ugat – Micheal Pena – Was received after accompanying him to look for Atomic instead of staying to reconcile her fight with Kelsi. This was further emphasized by following up with Ugat when he was at the hospital with Atomic, and (not knowing the full situation) proceeded to fight Atomic for what seemed like a fight between the two.